OpticBook A300 plus
- Designed for Book Scanning
- Digitizes Books
- Scans Book Pages Without Spine Shadows
- Eliminates Text Distortion Along Spine
- High Speed Scans
- High Quality Output
- One-Touch Button Control Panel
- Scan Management Software
- The OpticBook A300 Plus flatbed scanner from Plustek is designed for high usage environments and is ideal for scanning book pages and other documents. With the A300 Plus you can scan an A3 sized page in less than 2.5 seconds, or a 200 page 8.5 x 11" book in approximately 20 minutes. Integrating mechanical, optical, and software technology to provide clear text and images within 2mm's of the book's spine, the scanner minimizes the spine shadow and distorted text associated with book scanning on flatbed scanners and eliminates the need to remove book pages from their bindings.
Users no longer have to damage bindings by pressing them flat or cutting pages to achieve a clean scan edge, making it an ideal scanning tool for students, schools, graphic designers, and any other work groups in need of scanning original binded documents. Additionally, this makes the A300 Plus ideal for library scanning as it allows books and texts to be efficiently digitized without unbinding, dismantling, and damaging them.
The included Book Pavilion Software streamlines book digitization processes, and allows pages to be automatically scanned and rotated at preset intervals, and user interaction via a PC screen is not required. The software automatically crops and rotates pages and will save to a variety of file formats including PDF, Searchable PDF, EPUB, BMP, JPEG, and TIFF.
Book ScanningThe OpticBook A300 Plus can scan books, binded texts, and A3-sized documents up to 12 x 17".
High Quality and High SpeedScans an A3-sized image in less than 2.5 seconds at 600 dpi.
Scans Text Close to Book SpineIntegrated mechanical, optical, and software technology provides clear text and images within 2mm's of the book's spine. This minimizes the spine shadow and distorted text associated with book scanning on flatbed scanners and eliminates the need to remove book pages from their bindings.
One Touch ControlThe buttons on the scanner's panel perform Book Pavilion, Preview, Color Scan, Grayscale Scan, and Text Scan functions. The settings for each are configured through Book Pavilion and offers quick access to the most frequently used scanning functions. This is especially useful when needing to repeatedly scan with the same settings and send images to the same destinations.
Productivity SoftwareWith the included Plustek Book Pavilion software, images can be saved into a variety of formats such as BMP, JPEG, or TIFF. The software automatically rotates page images as consecutive pages are scanned, maintaining book layout and page sequence. The OpticBook A300 Plus also comes with image processing and document management software, including PDF conversion and Optical Character Recognition, which creates searchable scanned books.